Care Enough to Choose the Very Best
- What was your favorite thing to play on as a child when you went to a playground?
- Read Exodus 20:4-6. What is the sin of idolatry?
- How does the keeping or breaking of the second “Rule for the Road” (Exodus 20:4-6) affect generations?
- How is a sin like a slippery slide?
- Read together Exodus 32. While Moses was up on the mountain receiving the Ten Commandments, how were the children of Israel breaking the Commandments?
- How did this affect Moses?
- Why did this upset God so much?
- What was the one thing that saved the nation of Israel from being completely wiped out by God for this terrible sin?
- How does idolatry open the door to more sin?
- What kind of sins did the children of Israel commit after they started worshipping the golden calf they had created?
- How grave is the sin of idolatry? (Romans 1:18-32) Talk about the possessive/degressive nature of sin.
- What are some of the gods that people in our society bow down to worship as their God?
- Close with the penetrating question that Jesus asked Peter three times in John 21:15-17. What is the “more than these” in your own life? Do you love Jesus more than anything else?
#check amazon to pick your copy of this wonderful experience that will change your life.