#Happy Palm Sunday
Cleaning The Gutter
Describe the consequences when people no longer respect and obey the traffic laws in our community.
In your own words, what is the third Rule for the Road? (Exodus 20:7; Leviticus22:31-32)
- Do you think there has been an increase in the gutter language spoken by the average person today as opposed to 25 years ago? Why do you think so? What are some contributing factors?
- In James 3:3-12, what do we learn about the power of words?
- How does speaking profanity or speaking positive words affect the following:
- Your body?
- Your relationships?
- The way people judge you?
- Self-esteem – both the other people and yours?
- Your relationship with God?
- What does it mean to misuse the name of God? (Exodus 20:7)
- Why is it so offensive to God when we swear at another person?
- Discuss: Praise builds love for life, while profanity destroys love.
- Wherefrom do both praise and cursing come? (James 3:10)
- What is needed to stop the sin of profanity? (Jeremiah 31:33)
- Have someone in your group share how they have broken
the swearing habit from their own life.
Thought Question: Do you think the rise of praise and worship in churches today is God’s way of helping Christians counteract the epidemic of profanity in our society today?
Recommended Links for Checks for the Passion week: