Rule No. 10
Happy Easter Sunday
Turn On to Contentment
Why does the grass always seem to be greener on the other side of the fence?
Read Exodus 20:17.
Now define in your words what it means to covet.
- How does Rule No. 10 summarize the first nine?
- Why is covetousness such an insidious sin? (James 1:14)
- How does this sin open the door to breaking the other Commandments?
Talk about some people in the Old Testament who illustrate what happens when one turns on the sin of covetousness.
- Is desire right or wrong?
- When does desire become the sin of covetousness?
Speaking of material things-
- how, much is enough? (Proverbs 30:7-9)
- What happens when a person tries to be like someone else?
- How do you feel when the other person gets the award, position, or trip you want?
Read Philippians 4:11-13.
- Where was Paul when he wrote these words, and under what condition?
- What was Paul’s secret of contentment?
Ask yourself these questions:
- Have you accepted Jesus Christ and His plan for your life?
- How well do you accept other people who are honored above you?
- How do you react when you do not get what you want?
- What is missing in your life that causes you to have discontent?
Remember: In Christ’s presence, there is contentment, both now and always.
Join me tomorrow for a new Series: Prime-Time Principles
#easter #JesusChrist #Salvation #RisenChrist #Contentment #joesoboyejo #learnwithjoes