I am giving my readers ten rules for the road. In each of the rules are specific questions one must ask oneself, and one must philosophically give answers to gain the ‘Truth.’ In Rule One, let’s examine the Ten Commandments!
The God Above All Gods
- How many of the Ten Commandments can you recall from memory?
- Wherefrom did they come from? (Exodus 19-20) To whom were they given? Why were they given to us?
- What makes the Ten Commandments more relevant today than ever?
- Commandments one through four (written on the first tablet) have to do with what? Commandments five through ten (written on the second tablet) have to do with what?
- The first “Rule for the Road” is embedded in Exodus 20:1-3 “You shall have no other gods before Me.”
- How do some people try to find value and meaning – order and purpose – in their lives in these modern times?
- How does your concept of God affect how you view human life? How do you view others? How do you view yourself?
- What did Paul teach the Greeks in Athens about who was the true God? (Acts 17:22-27)
- Where does worshiping false gods lead?
- Talk about the popular myths about God?
(i) Santa Claus
(ii) Harsh Tyrant
(iv) Giant Aspirin
In the Lord’s Prayer (Matthew 6:9-13), Jesus taught us that the genuine concept and understanding about God is that He is our Heavenly Father. How has your relationship or lack of relationship with your earthly father affected favorably or unfavorably your concept and relationship with God?
Don’t Forget to check my Thinkific Courses