Josephine Olatomi Soboyejo, Ph.D.
Austell, Georgia, USA
The pandemic since 2019 and its post-pandemic prognostic today puts Tourism Industry at a significant disadvantage. Tourism is at its lowest ebb. Nevertheless, domestic and national tourism could be considered for investments and gains. The latest global tourism industry insights make interested partners understand the growing markets and help to build a successful growth strategy.
The categories of tourism that could increase state’s earnings are:
Hotel and Travel services,
and Dance tourism, among other types of tourism activities.
There is an international tourism grant that states might benefit from, if properly packaged.
Some Critical points:
- Tourism is an integral part of humans’ lives and not just a luxury.
- Increasing evidence shows that an integrated approach to tourism planning and management is required to achieve sustainable tourism.
- Tourism is an engine of growth, capable of rejuvenating other sectors of the economy.
- Tourism, through its inherent message of goodwill, Hospitality, trust, service without servility, tolerance, interaction, and communication, becomes the most effective mechanism for fostering tribal, national, and international cultural exchange and understanding among the people.
- Tourism is a proactive and vibrant economy unit of any State.
- Tourism education and training are one of the fundamental pillars of the development of a new responsible and sustainable tourism.
The main principles governing the approach to tourism development are as follows:
- Promoting the involvement of the private sector and institutions in providing education and training.
- Encouraging the private tourism sector to increase its commitment.
- Addressing the specific needs of small, micro, and medium-sized businesses (SMMEs) and emerging entrepreneurs.
- Promoting tourism awareness at all levels of society.
- Encouraging the local media and NGOs to partner in the tourism awareness process.
Categories Of Tourism
- Rural Tourism
- Adventure Travel: Adventure travel includes Backpacking, Motorcycle tours, Climbing, Hiking, and Mountaineering
- Geotourism has Geoparks as a sub-category:
- Medical Tourism: Health economies; Heath care; Dental tourism; Cancer Hospital & Research Centre; Fertility tourism; International healthcare etc.
- Religious Tourism including Halal tourism
- Space Tourism
Suggested Areas of Tourism Studies
- Hotel Management
- Culinary and Chef Courses
- Hospitality Security and VIP protection.
- Hospitality IT and Web design, online bookings.
- Tour Guide courses and registrations.
- Travel Agency training.
- Landscaping and design
- Golf Course Management.
- Food and Beverage Management.
- Spa and rejuvenation Courses.
- Medical Tourism.
- Fleet Management
- Air Traffic Control
- Airline Management and
- Entertainment/Pleasure Tourism
List Of Adjectival Tourism:
Adjectival tourism refers to the numerous niche or specialty travel forms of tourism that have emerged over the years, each with its adjective. Many of these have come into everyday use by the tourism industry and academics. Others are emerging concepts that may or may not gain widespread usage. Adjectival tourism alphabetically includes:
- Sacred travel
- Scenic route
- Self-guided tour
- Sex tourism
- Shark tourism
- Space tourism
- Sports tourism
- Spring break
- Suicide tourism
- Sustainable tourism
Tourism Training Institute
The objectives of Tourism Training Institute are:
- To provide training for all tourism stakeholders.
- To deliver excellent, dynamic, innovative, and highly committed service of International Standard to tourists.
- To re-affirm the commitment to education in all ramifications.
- To enlighten citizenry & others through tourism
- To promote tourism and hospitality as a viable economic sector
- To train the trainers for sustainable tourism development and
- To produce qualified staff for the hotels and tourism industries.
The benefits of this type of Institute are encompassing and in the long term will,
- Create jobs
- Alleviate Poverty
- Broadens economic base
- Develop Tourism Sites
- Promote Social harmony, unity, tolerance, and peace.
4 thoughts on “POST-PANDEMIC PROGNOSTIC AND LESSONS FOR TOURISM INDUSTRY”
Beautiful write up
This is highly instructive, educative and informative about New Dimensions of Dynamic Tourism. The efforts at the unlimited areas of Tourism, mentioned and getting international financial assistance, is very fascinating. China’s Tourism Potential, as publicised and even watched freely on most television channels, is enough to open the eyes of HU-MAN-ITY. Nigeria , a natural geographical masterpiece has more than enough to show the world.
All Governors in Nigeria should know where to direct their attention for Revenue Generation.
I appreciate your feedback. Thank you