Faith That Works (Hebrews 11:1-6):
(A) Faith must be organic, authentic, and original to make it work. An organic faith is complete Faith and is free from additives and preservatives. The Biblical concept of Faith stands at the heart of the relationship between God and His people, and this relationship is intensely personal, dynamic, and multiform. In’ Faith,’ we have a God-installed need for deep relationship and Fellowship with God.
(B) The relationship and Fellowship with God are based on who God is (His Character), what God says (His promises), and the certainty of our expectations. In short, the beginning point of Faith that works is believing in God’s Character, and the end is believing in God’s Promises.
The whole chapter of Hebrews 11 celebrates Heroes and Heroines of Faith. The chapter is the Hall of Fame for people of Faith in the Bible. The excellent quality these Heroes and Heroines had in common was that of overcoming through Faith (11:33). The writer of Hebrews did not identify himself. Still, the book from C.A.D 400 to 1600 (about 1200 years) was commonly called ‘The Epistle of Paul to the Hebrews.’ Since the Reformation, it has been widely recognized that Paul could not have been the writer. Hebrews 2:3 indicate that the author had not been with Jesus during his earthly ministry nor received special revelation directly from the risen Lord as Paul had. Hebrews 1:1 mentioned two words that describe Faith; they are Sure and Certain. ‘Sure of what we hope for – (vs. 1a) and ‘Certain of what we do not see’ – (vs. 1b).
The Faith that works miracles depends on the believer’s
(1) Conviction in God,
(2) Confidence in God, and
(3) Certainty of Expectations.
Body Of Message:
- Conviction Of God
- God is the Creator of the Universe – vs.3
- God’s Existence – vs.6c
- God’s Righteousness – vs. 4b:
- God’s Grace (Mercy) – vs. 5:
- God’s Love: – vs. 6c:
- Confidence In God
- To be Children of God:
- To have Miracles, Signs, and Wonders
- Certainty Of Expectations
What we need to do to please God – vs. 6
- God said it
- It is settled
- I believe it
- I receive it
- By Faith, Abel’s sacrifice was more acceptable to God than Cain’s
- By Faith, Enoch was found righteous in the sight of God. He took him away rather than allowing Enoch to die.
- My Faith in God keeps me on and makes me a victorious person and over-comer
Faith rewards those who earnestly seek God. You seek God by listening, hearing, studying, memorizing, and meditating on the Word of God. You achieve this through the sermon, messages, tapes, gospel music, etc. Also, you can apply your Faith in day-to-day physical, spiritual, social, and economic activities. Most importantly, your Faith in God will:
- Move you into God’s Will
- Enable you to conquer kingdoms and drive out the fear of the enemies
- Make you fear God and keep His Commandment
- Give you the confidence to win all spiritual battles
- Guarantee the Holy Spirit leading, guidance, and protection
- Make you acquire the promises in the Word of God
- Quench the fury of the flames of the enemies
- Make you escape the edge of the Sword
- Turn your weakness into strength
- Give you the power to battle and route foreign armies, witches, wizards, principalities, and demonic powers
- Raise any dead issue in your life, business, work, and finances
- Heal your diseases and sickness and give you divine health and divine healing
- Assurance of salvation and hope of resurrection in Christ Jesus
- Give you freedom from worldly chains and prison
- Make you enjoy a great Union with the living God
- Guarantee your miracles, signs, and wonders
Our Faith is not in the absence of danger but in the presence of God to see us through life travails. Faith makes God our Tower and Strength.
Faith that works is interlinked with total belief and trust in the existence and potency of the Living God. Without Faith, you will miss your miracle; you must believe God exists and can do what you ask Him in prayer. Faith is going forth in the strength of the LORD. Pray to be bestowed with great Faith that can move mountains, Faith that can perform unusual miracles, and Faith that can work for you in all your daily activities. Faith is the sine qua non of God and people’s relationship, the Assurance of things hoped for, and the conviction of things not seen.
The decisions to make are Spiritual Renewal; Spiritual Revival; Rededication; Baptism in the Holy Spirit, and prayer for increased Faith.
God the Father, help our unbelief and increase our Faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.